Wisconsin Chapter: Webinar Replay: Expressing Gratitude & Returning Aggregate Study Results to Participants—It’s the Right Thing to Do!
Click here to purchase contact hour.
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM - Webinar
- Patty McAdams, MS, CCRA – Communications Specialist, Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Julia Vail, PMP – Clinical Research Communications Specialist, Duke Clinical Research Institute
Program Description: Thanking and returning results to study participants honors research volunteers, helps build trust in the clinical research process, and is simply the right thing to do! Join us for an engaging discussion on the benefits, methodology, and resources available to develop thank you cards and lay summaries of aggregate results in a language and format that is understandable and easy to read. Presenters will share best practices and formative research from the Duke Bioethics and Stakeholder Engagement Lab on using data from interviews with study participants and caregivers to inform content development and design. They will also discuss proactive strategies to integrate thank you cards and lay summaries into the research process, from suggested informed consent language, to regulatory review and approval, through dissemination of results after the study is over.
- Gain insights on the purpose and benefits of lay summaries to study participants and to the clinical research enterprise.
- Learn about existing resources, best practices, and how user experiences can inform development and design of thank you cards and lay summaries.
- Understand how to integrate thank you cards and lay summaries into the clinical research process.
Clinical research coordinators, clinical research staff
Contact Robyn Furger, Chapter President, at email@example.com with questions.