Upper Midwest Chapter: December Journal Club: Ensuring Patient Safety and Benefit in Use of Medical Devices Granted Expedited Approval
Medical devices are an important part of healthcare. The medical device industry produces a wide range of products posing different levels of risk to the consumer. Due to the large number of devices and potential associated risks, the regulation of medical devices is complex and different from regulations of other medical products (e.g. pharmaceuticals).
Event Learning Objectives:
- Describe the medical device pathways to regulatory clearance/approval
- Identify potential inadequacies in the current process for ensuring safety and benefit in use
- Understand and discuss proposed solutions to address deficiencies in the process
Registration & Contact Hour Information:
This event will offer 1 contact hour. Click here to register and purchase contact hours. Please purchase and claim your contact hours before January 5, 2024
- Chapter Member (registration with or without contact hour): $0
- ACRP Member (registration only): $15
- ACRP Member (registration + contact hour): $30
- Non-Member (registration only): $30
- Non-Member (registration + contact hour): $60
To receive contact hours: Purchase the contact hours and attend the program. After attending the event, log on to the ACRP website and visit learning.acrpnet.org, click “GO TO MY COURSE”. Select your event, confirm attendance and take the event evaluation between 1 and 30 days following the event and obtain the online certificate." After 30 days, contact hours are no longer available.
Refund Policy: None