Lunch and Learn: How to Write Like an 8th Grader! Improving Readability in Clinical Trials
Please click here to purchase contact hour.Target Audience:
- Project Managers
- Quality Assurance
- Clinical Research Administrators
Jennifer Cook, MPH, Sr. Medical Writer, Duke Clinical Research Institute
Program Description: This session will help you learn how to measure and improve the readability of your clinical research communications to a participant and public-facing audience. We will discuss the importance of readability and explore the pros and cons of tools you can use. Case examples from the Duke Clinical Research Institute including informed consent forms, recruitment materials, and lay summaries will highlight how to use free and existing resources to improve your communication Program Agenda
- 12:00 pm - Welcome
- 12:10-1:10 pm - Educational Presentation
Upon completion of this Webinar, attendees should be able to:
- Understand our national readability problem and how it affects the public’s understanding of science and medicine.
- Diagnose and improve readability in communications materials, including informed consent language, recruitment materials, and all participant-facing materials.
- Know about existing resources to help him/her write in plain language and templated language for various grade levels.
Registration is free
Contact hour cost:
Chapter Member: $15
ACRP Member: $15
This program offers 1 ACRP contact hour.