The Canadian Chapter of ACRP in collaboration with the Women & Children's Health Research Institute of the University of Alberta is proud to present a 1/2-day workshop aimed at providing information to successfully manage a clinical trial from start to finish in Alberta.
This will not be yet another lecture, but a morning of thoughtful discussion of tips and tools from Alberta experts ready to share their knowledge real-world challenges and trial success.
Further information on topics, speakers, on-line/remote availability, and registration will become available shortly on this tab. Please watch for coming emails or check back often for updates posted on this page!Conference Registration Fee:
Conference Registration Fee: All sessions, food and beverages. In an effort to be environmentally responsible, electronic copies of conference materials will only be available to paid registrants prior to the event.
- *ACRP Canadian Chapter Member - Free
- **WCHRI Member - Free
- ***ACRP Global Member - $25 CAD
- Non-Members - $25 CAD
Upon completion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- 7:30 – 8:00 AM - Registration
- 8:00 – 8:15 AM - Welcome & IntroductionDory Sample, Clinical Research Program ManagerWomen and Children’s Health Research Institute (WCHRI)
- 8:15 – 9:00 AM - Research Ethics 101 – Submitting an Ethics Application at the University of AlbertaKim Kordov, Associate Director, Research Ethics Office, University of Alberta
- 9:00 – 9:45 AM - Clinical Trial Operations & Regulatory Support Services for Northern AlbertaScott Jamieson, Advisor for Quality Management in Clinical Research (QMCR) Director of Clinical Operations for the Clinical Research Unit Edmonton (CRUE)
- 9:45 - 10:00 AM - Networking Break
- 10:00 – 10:45 AM - Making Sense of Dollars & CentsTroy Hamilton, Director, Hamilton Research Consulting Ltd.& Dory Sample
- 10:45 – 11:30 AM - Preparing for and Running a Successful TrialCheri Robert, Research and Development Coordinator, WCHRI& Meghan Linsdell, Research Coordinator,
- WCHRI; KidsCAN Trials Network Coordinator
- 11:30 – 11:45 AM - Closing Remarks and Wrap-Up Dory Sample
ACRP Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Contact Hour Application:
- Identify key elements required for a clinical trial ethics submission
- Describe how the Clinical Research Unit can help make your trial a success
- Describe how to determine and manage an appropriate trial budget
- Describe how to operationalize your trial to ensure success
3 contact hours have been applied through ACRP and are free for ACRP Canadian Chapter members.
Contact hours fees for non-Chapter member are listed below. Contact Hours Fees
(Membership Rate (USD)
To receive contact hours:
- ACRP Canadian Chapter Members - $0
- Global ACRP Members - $15
- Non-Members - $30
Purchase the contact hours, sign in at the registration desk and attend the program. Log on to the ACRP website then "ACRP Learning Portal" to complete the evaluation no later than 30 days following the event and obtain the online certificate. After 30 days, contact hours are no longer available. You MUST sign-in for the conference to prove participation. The CEUs provided by the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP) can be used to meet the certification maintenance requirement. Click here to purchase contact hours.