Chapter Membership: $25/Year Join Now
Note: You must be an ACRP Member to join a local chapter. Learn more about ACRP membership.
RSVP for virtual Journal Club Meetings HERE
To get notifications for events, sign up for our mailing list: https://lp.constantcontactpages.com/su/bVEmIpK/SuncoastACRP
- October 26, 2023 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., ET - Suncoast Chapter: Effective Public Speaking: How to Capture Your Audience (ACRP 2023 Webinar Replay)
- September 27, 2023 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., ET - Suncoast Chapter: Patient Engagement/Recruitment from Sponsor Perspective
- August 31, 2023 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., ET - Suncoast Chapter: Clinical Researcher Article Review and Discussion: Electronic Source Reduces Protocol Deviations Compared to Paper Source in Clinical Trials
- June 29, 2023 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., ET - Suncoast Chapter: Managing in Clinical Research and Clinical Trial Logistics
- June 29, 2023 | 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m., ET - Suncoast Chapter: Gems from the ACRP Conference- Dallas 2023
- July 25, 2023 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., ET- Suncoast Chapter: Regulatory Summer Days: Don't forget your Sunscreen, Training Logs, and Delegation Logs
- April 26, 2023 - Suncoast Chapter: Are you Ready? Hiking the SIV Appalachian Trail
- March 30, 2023 - Suncoast Chapter: New Year Tips & Tricks- Study Close-Out and Source Documentation Updated Guidance
- October 26, 2021 Journal Club - Study Coordinator Tips and Tricks by Catherine Marten, MS, CCRC
- September 28, 2021 Journal Club - by Amber McPherson, BA, ACRP-CP
- August 10, 2021 Journal Club - Technology and Research Recruitment by Rajesh Sharma, RRT
- July 27, 2021 Journal Club - Crossroads: Paper to Electronic Regulatory and Patient Source by Youshra Ahmed, B.S.
- June 22, 2021 Journal Club - Trial Negotiations: A Lawyer's Perspective by Robert King, Lawyer, TakePoint Clinical
- April 27, 2021 Journal Club - CTTI Recommendations: Decentralized Clinical Trials by David Borasky, MPH, CIP, Vice President, IRB Compliance
- March 23, 2021 Journal Club- Principal Investigator Responsibilities by Magee Baxter-McGriff, MPH, BSHS
- February 23, 2021 - Advertising in Clinical Research: Successes and Failures
- October 27, 2020- Journal Club- Source Documentation: Tips and Tricks, and a few tips with research post COVID-19 by Catherine Marten, MS, CCRC
- November 17, 2020 (date change from 11/24 due to holiday)- Journal Club- Update on vaccine-preventable diseases, Guest Speaker Donna Haiduven, PhD, RN, CIC, CPH, FAPIC, Faculty at the University of South Florida, Director, Infection Control Programs
- September 22, 2020- Journal Club- Regulatory: Tips & Tricks (by Dušan Nikolić-Dorschel)
- August 25, 2020- Journal Club-ACRP Journal Club- Prevention = Patient Safety - No Tears Approach to Quality Assurance by Angie Price and Amanda Darling
- July 28, 2020- ACRP Journal Club- Medicare Coverage Analysis and Billing Impact By Jessica Hyacinthe & Vanessa Lowe
- June 23, 2020- ACRP Journal Club- CRC workload measurement tools
- April 28, 2020- ACRP - Understanding Regulatory Guidance for Gene Therapy Development (ACRP 2019 Replay)
- March 24, 2020- ACRP Journal Club- An interview with Robert Schiff, Ph.D., R.A.C., C.Q.A., FRAPS
- February 25, 2020- ACRP Journal Club- Negotiating Sponsor Budgets
- January 28, 2020- ACRP Journal Club- "How can ACRP's CRC Competencies be used?"
- December 10, 2019, 5-8pm- Holiday Networking Event [Besito Mexican, 205 Westshore Plaza, Tampa, FL 33609]
- December 2019 ACRP Journal Club- CANCELLED
- November 26, 2019- ACRP Journal Club- Understanding Quality Management for Research Sites (by Glenda Guest, CRA, RQAP-GCP, TIACR, FACRP ACRP Board of Trustees Member)
- October 22, 2019 - ACRP Journal Club- Professional Development for the CRC (by Joy Jurnack,RN CCRC FACRP)
- September 21, 2019- CE Saturday (LIVE session near TGH and LIVE streaming to Clearwater)
- August 27, 2019- ACRP Journal Club- ACRP Community forum question: "…any tips or suggestions…<for> FDA audit"
- August 22, 2019 6pm-9pm CCRC Prep session
- July 23, 2019- ACRP Journal Club- Regulatory: Tips & Tricks (by Dušan Nikolić-Dorschel)
- June 25, 2019- ACRP Journal Club, Health & Wellness Coaching In Research (Guest Speaker, Sally Galloway)
- May 28, 2019- ACRP Journal Club, CMS submissions (Guest Speaker: Rachel Karlnoski, Ph.D.)
- April 23, 2019- ACRP Journal Club, research budgets
- March 5, 2019 & March 8, 2019 - USF Annual Study Coordinator Retreat
- February 26, 2019- ACRP Journal Club, Internal QA Audits
- January 22, 2019- ACRP Journal Club, Research Document Destruction Policies
About the Suncoast Chapter
Welcome to Florida's Suncoast Chapter of the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP). We proudly serve the west-central coast of Florida to provide up-to-date information, continuing education credits, and networking for the research community. We are a comprehensive organization of clinical research professionals from a variety of backgrounds.
As a chapter of the ACRP, the mission of this organization shall be to provide a readily accessible mechanism for regional program development for clinical research professionals to foster professional interaction, continuing education, problem-solving, and discussion of professional issues.
Our educational opportunities would not be possible without a dedicated team of officers and volunteers. We are always looking for interested and enthusiastic people with a passion for clinical research to get involved.
If you think you may be interested in getting involved with the Suncoast Chapter and would like more information, please send us an email.
Joining and Renewing Chapter Membership
ACRP membership is required to join our chapter. ACRP membership offers invaluable global networking and professional development opportunities including access to many resources: Clinical Researcher, The Wire, online communities, discounts on offerings, and more. Select ‘Membership’ from the menu bar on the ACRP home page for more information on the many benefits.
We look forward to seeing you at our chapter meetings and hope that you will consider becoming more involved in the Chapter at some point by volunteering for a committee or running for a Board Member position.
Benefits of Chapter Membership
Becoming an active member in your local ACRP chapter is a great way to learn more about clinical research in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and it also provides many great benefits; a member of the Suncoast Chapter of ACRP can expect to receive the following benefit:
- Obtaining research-related continuing education credits for each speaker meeting you attend – which counts towards certification maintenance
- Discounted registration for chapter sponsored educational programs
- Networking in all areas of research with other engaged research professionals
- A valuable resource for information, training, and employment opportunities
Remember, only members of ACRP can become members of the local Chapter. Our Chapter is active in the National dues collection program. This means that the national organization will collect dues for local membership at the same time they collect your national dues.
ways to stay connected with the suncoast chapter
- Chapter Email Address: suncoastchapterACRP@gmail.com
- President: Catherine Marten, MS, CCRC; 561-523-7282; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Lucy Lam, BS, MS, BSN
- Secretary: Brittany Harvey, B.A., CCRC, ACRP-PM; 813-974-9413; email@example.com
- Treasurer: Sandra Sanchez, RN, BSN, CCRC, CCRP