Chapter Membership: $25/Year Join Now
Note: You must be an ACRP Member to join a local chapter. Learn more
about ACRP membership.
- Click here to Subscribe to News/Events
About the Canadian Chapter
The Canadian Chapter of ACRP was founded in 1997 by a group of Canadian clinical research professionals looking for educational and networking opportunities with a distinctly Canadian flavor.
The ACRP Canadian Chapter is the proud recipient of the:
Since its inception, the chapter has grown to over 190 members across the country. We offer regional annual educational conferences/workshops, online seminars, and networking opportunities across the country and hold our Annual General Meeting via Webex so that all our members across the country can attend.
Consider membership in the Canadian Chapter to take advantage of distinctly Canadian offerings and opportunities.
Benefits of Canadian Chapter Membership
Becoming an active member in the Canadian ACRP chapter is a great way to learn more about clinical research in the pharmaceutical and health technology industry and it also provides many great benefits including:
- Obtaining FREE continuing education credits, including ACRP, CBRN, and/or CME credits, for each speaker meeting you attend – which counts towards certification maintenance
- Discounted registration for chapter sponsored educational programs
- Networking in all areas of research with other engaged research professionals within Canada
- A valuable resource for information, training, and employment opportunities.
Remember, only members of ACRP can become members of the Canadian Chapter. To become a member of the Canadian Chapter, go to your profile and select “Add Chapter” and select “Canada”. Click here
for our chapter membership flyer.
Upcoming Chapter Events
- Please check back frequently for further update!
Past Chapter Events
The following free webinars are available for members and non-members. These webinars are informational only and do not provide contact hours.
Joining and Renewing Chapter Membership
ACRP membership is required to join our chapter. ACRP membership offers invaluable global networking and professional development opportunities including access to many resources: Clinical Researcher, The Wire, online communities, discounts on offerings, and more. Select ‘Membership’ from the menu bar on the ACRP home page for more information on the many benefits.
We look forward to seeing you at our chapter meetings and hope that you will consider becoming more involved in the Chapter at some point by volunteering for a committee or running for a Board Member position.
What's New / President's Update
2020 is set to be a year of milestones for the ACRP Canada Chapter. The years of 2018 and 2019 were great developmental years and 2020 is an important year for reflection, commitment and action.
Looking forward, the ACRP Canada Chapter initiatives will aim to provide more education and training content and strive to continuously seek to improve our clinical research practices in the basis of an appreciation of the linkages between health and medical research. Ultimately, we strive to advance care and access to the best of current care options to patients and health care providers – in local communities and throughout provinces across Canada & globally.
We would like to thank the ACRP members for their continued dedication to promote excellence in the field of clinical research, through integration of healthcare, research and education and to build and maintain our reputation.
Our focus in 2020 remains promotion of excellence in clinical research. We plan to put forward the most current educational events; conferences, webinars. Learning and career development programs are two new areas we offer our members in 2020. Plans as of today are:
- Annual General Meeting in June 2020. All members are welcome to attend. Details will be emailed to all members.
- Canadian Chapter Reception at ACRP Global Conference (May 1-4, 2020, Seattle /Washington) as previous years. This is a social and networking event bringing together Canadian members, attending the Global ACRP Conference.
- Webinars in April, September and November are being planned. Some of the proposed topics are:
- Health Canada Inspections;
- Business Development;
- Site management;
- Clinical research finance
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions, ideas or would like to be involved as a speaker or volunteer.
Thank you for your continued support to shape our Chapter. This is only possible through the dedication, knowledge and experience of our executive team members and volunteers, who are committed to ongoing learning and development.
ACRP Canadian Chapter President
Canadian Chapter Committees
The Canadian Chapter of ACRP has subcommittees in each of the following areas. If you're interested in becoming a member of one of these committees, or in learning more about them, please contact us for more information!
The Education Committee (EdCo) of the Canadian Chapter was founded in 2002 at the Annual General Meeting of the Canadian Chapter in Toronto, ON. Attendees noted a greater need for local events with a distinctly Canadian flavor.
The mission statement of the Education Committee is as follows:
"The Canadian ACRP Education Committee (EdCo) aims to provide educational support to clinical research professionals across Canada. This regional approach to educational events will offer these professionals an accessible and economical approach to continuing education"
The goals and purpose of EdCo are:
- To provide a means for professional interaction and continuing education, problem solving and discussion of professional issues among local groups of ACRP members
- To increase the opportunity for members participating in ACRP activities
- To provide a readily accessible mechanism for Canadian program development including regional subchapter development
- To provide a network to rapidly gain member feedback on issues of concern to ACRP committees and the Board of Directors
- To provide a regionally effective membership recruitment mechanism
- To provide improved access to ACRP resources including certification
- To provide Canadian content to ACRP members
For more details on EdCo or to become involved, please contact the Canadian Chapter at email@example.com.
The Canadian Chapter is continually striving to increase membership and bring value to its members. If you have any ideas or suggestions or want to become involved, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The newly formed Communications Group is responsible for bringing news and education event updates to the membership. A new initiative is underway to explore the best communication tools available, such as the ACRP on-line community groups, chapter website, and social media. For more information, or to become involved, please contact us at email@example.com.
Chapter Email Address
Click here to view our leader biographies.
- President: Shelly Sedighi (Richmond Hill, ON) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Immediate Past Co-President: Mahdis Dorkalam
- Secretary: Lydia Beaudette (Niagara, ON) email@example.com
- Education Committee Chair: Dave Brown (Hamilton, ON) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning & Career Development Committee Chair: Deepti Patki (Oakville, ON) email@example.com
- Membership Committee Chair: Arshad Mahmood (Calgary, AB)
- Communications Committee Chair: Vacant
- Treasurer: Vacant
- Members at Large: