Improving Cancer Outcomes - Can the immune system be harnessed?
Sandra Johnston works as a research scientist at the University of Washington in the Imaging Research Lab and with the Precision Neurotherapeutics Innovations Lab at Mayo Clinic Arizona. As a researcher in brain cancer for nearly 10 years, Sandra Johnston’s current research is devoted to further understanding of brain cancer its growth and proliferation mechanics and development of models to inform treatment response metrics.Registration Cost:
- $5 Chapter Members
- $10 ACRP Members
- $20 Non-Members
- 5:45 – 6:00 pm – Sign in & Networking
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm – Educational Presentation
- 7:00 – 7:15 pm – Q&A
- 7:15 – 7:30 pm – Networking 1:1 with speaker
Immunotherapy is a fast-moving target in the treatment of cancer. This talk will focus on basic concepts of immune surveillance in cancer and immunotherapies for cancer prevention and treatment.Upon completion of this event attendees should be able to:
- Describe importance of immune surveillance in cancer prevention.
- Compare the mechanisms of prevention and treatment vaccinations in cancer.
- Describe the role of cytotoxic T lymphocyte antigen-4 in tumor control.
- Cite one reason why immunotherapy is not successful in total cancer control.
Clinical Research Coordinators, Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Project Managers, and anyone working in clinical research.Contact hours:
1.25 contact hours have been applied for through ACRP. Membership is not required for online registration of contact hours.To receive contact hours:
Purchase the contact hours, sign in at the registration desk, and attend the program. Log on to the ACRP website then “ACRP Learning Portal” to complete the evaluation no later than 30 days following the event and obtain the online certificate.Contact Hour Cost:
- $0 Chapter Members
- $15 ACRP Members
- $30 Non-Members
II – IntermediateFurther Information:
Registration and contact hour purchase for this event will be available at www.acrpnet.org/PacificNorthwest.PARKING:
Click here to view event flyer.
- Metered street parking on Aloha Street, Minor Avenue, Roy Street, and Valley Street ($2.00 hour/10 hour limit 8AM-6PM)
- 1200-1286 Aloha Street Public Parking lot off of Aloha street
- HC Henry Pier lot – 809 Fairview PL N Seattle, WA 98109
- Chandler’s Cove lot – 901 Fairview Ave N Seattle, WA 98109