Women in Cardiovascular Trials: How Can We Do Better?
Brooke Allocco, MD Lynnett Voshage-Stahl, BSN, CCRNProgram Agenda:
- 6:00 PM Registration and Buffet Dinner
- 6:30 PM Program
- 8:00 PM Questions and Discussion
- MN Chapter Members: $0 with contact hours, $0 without contact hours
- ACRP Members (non chapter members): $25 with contact hours, $10 without contact hours
- General Public: $50 with contact hours, $20 without contact hours
Medical devices can affect men and women differently, yet enrolling enough women in clinical trials to adequately assess these differences continues to be a big hurdle for researchers. The problem is especially apparent in cardiovascular studies. This session will discuss the importance of women representation in clinical trials, compare current female enrollment in major cardiovascular trials to disease prevalence, examine potential barriers to enrollment, and explore opportunities on how to improve trial participation for women.Learning Objectives
- Identify reasons why adequate/separate study of women in cardiovascular clinical trials is important.
- Describe current status of female enrollment in ma-jor cardiovascular clinical trials compared to dis-ease prevalence.
- Categorize potential barriers to enrollment in cardi-ovascular clinical trials based on gender.
- Explain key motivators for women to consider par-ticipating in clinical trials.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key factors that may en-hance physician knowledge, and patient participa-tion in cardiovascular clinical trials.
1.5 contact hours have been applied for through ACRP. Membership is not required for online registration of contact hours.To Receive Contact Hours:
Purchase the contact hours online, then sign in at the registration desk and attend the program. Log on to the ACRP website and go to “ACRP Learning Portal” to complete the evaluation no later than 30 days following the event and obtain the online certificate.Refund/Cancellation:
If you need to cancel your registration, please notify the Programming Committee as soon as possible but no later than 24 hours prior to the event for a full refund. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel and request a refund.
The relevant target audience for this program is all clinical research and regulatory affairs professionals, whether at sites, CROs, IRBs, compliance organizations or medical product companies.