Chapter Membership: $25/Year Join Now
Note: You must be an ACRP Member to join a local chapter. Learn more about ACRP membership.
About the New York Metropolitan Chapter
Founded in 2003, the New York Metropolitan Chapter serves the New York metropolitan and surrounding areas to provide up-to-date information, continuing education credits, and networking for the research community. Our members come from New York (NYC, Westchester, and Long Island), New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Utah and Ontario, Canada.
We are a comprehensive organization of clinical research professionals from a variety of backgrounds. Our members represent clinical sites, academia, industry (pharma, device, and biotech), CROs, and consultants who hold positions such as project and line managers, CRAs, CRCs, clinical QA, IRB members, nurses, physicians and contract administrators.
As a chapter of the Association of Clinical Research Professionals (ACRP), our mission is to provide a readily accessible mechanism for regional program development for clinical research professionals to foster professional interaction, continuing education, problem-solving, discussion of professional issues and to deliver improved access to ACRP resources, including certification.
Joining and Renewing Chapter Membership
ACRP membership is required to join our chapter. ACRP membership offers invaluable global networking and professional development opportunities including access to many resources: Clinical Researcher, The Wire, online communities, discounts on offerings, and more. Select ‘Membership’ from the menu bar on the ACRP home page for more information on the many benefits.
We look forward to seeing you at our chapter meetings and hope that you will consider becoming more involved in the Chapter at some point by volunteering for a committee or running for a Board Member position.
Chapter Excellence Award Winner
The New York Metropolitan Chapter has been selected as the 2015 Chapter Excellence Award winner in Education and Training.
This award recognizes chapters for significantly fostering the clinical research profession through providing stellar education and training programs and offerings to members. The Chapter of Excellence award is the highest honor and recognition available for ACRP Chapters.
Benefits of Chapter Membership
Becoming an active member in your local ACRP chapter is a great way to learn more about clinical research in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry and it also provides many great benefits; a member of the New York Metro Chapter of ACRP can expect to receive the following benefit:
- Obtaining research-related continuing education credits for each speaker meeting you attend – which counts towards certification maintenance
- Discounted registration for chapter sponsored educational programs
- Networking in all areas of research with other engaged research professionals
- A valuable resource for information, training, and employment opportunities
Remember, only members of ACRP can become members of the local Chapter. Our Chapter is active in the National dues collection program. This means that the national organization will collect dues for local membership at the same time they collect your national dues.
Please be sure to let us know where we will be able to reach you. Send your new contact information to ACRP Global and also to our chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help keep the ACRP Global and our chapter databases up-to-date so that you won't miss any important news.
Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities
Would you like to become a corporate or institutional sponsor for a New York Metropolitan Chapter event? Inquiries about the available levels of sponsorships can be directed to Gabrielle Gaspard.
Want to place an advertisement in our chapter’s quarterly newsletter or post a position on the monthly Job Board? Contact Janet Ellen Holwell for further details.
- President: Christina Brennan, MD, email@example.com
- President-Elect: Will be filled in 2018 via election in the 4Q of 2017 for a one year term.
- Immediate Past President: Erika Stevens, MA, ErikaStevens1@gmail.com
- Past Presidents Advisory Committee Chair: Erika Stevens, MA, ErikaStevens1@gmail.com
- Secretary: Joyce Ann Moran, CCRC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Sumathy Sundarababu, PhD, Ssundaraba@northwell.edu
- Parliamentarian: George Gasparis, email@example.com
- Bylaws Committee Chair: George Gasparis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications Committee Chair: Janet Ellen Holwell, CCRC, CCRA, FACRP, TIACR, email@example.com
- Education & Programs Committee Chair: Halley Rogers, MPH, CCRC, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Chair: Gabrielle Gaspard, MPH, CCRC; email@example.com
- Membership & Retention Committee Chair: Jun Avelino Loquere RN, MD, CCRC, CCRP, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations Committee Chair: Carlotta Rodriguez, MS, CIP, CHRC, email@example.com
- Member-at-Large: Gina Gualtiere - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member-at-Large: Raynelle Mensah - email@example.com
- Member-at-Large: Alison Randall, MPH, CCRC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Stay Connected With Our Chapter
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Join us on LinkedIn